Monday, September 6, 2010

As I self evaluate myself I wonder what I will initially write about for this assignment. Many people may find it easy to find something to write about, but for me I continue to draw a blank. I look into the mirror every day and wonder what the world thinks of me, and essentially I draw the same conclusion day in and day out I honestly don’t give a damn any more. I have oh so many things on my mind at this point, the honest fact that I feel like crap right now, the oh so many ideas I have for my paper, and the fact that I have typed this same self evaluation six times in the past three days.


I have an idea and some supporting ideas for this paper. I think I want to write about the year thousand seven and the many highs and lows I faced that year. In that year I lost three grandparents who made up a very sufficient part of my life, and the same year it seemed like all my dreams were finally coming true. That year was very strange for me I started the year out very different it was the year I began to party more, I had developed a new love for the sport of boxing, I gain one hundred pounds in three months all for something I thought I loved. I lost my fraternal grandfather who was my rock which then caused me to essentially strive harder in my fighting, I then lost my grandmother, who was my number one fan in everything I did, I rebelled against my family because I though they didn’t believe in my dream, and which ended in the lost of my maternal grandfather. In the end which made me feel like I had lost everything.

Writing this paper about that topic will be very hard for me because this will be the first time I have ever faced this reality in words and there for on paper. It has been three years and I still find it hard to believe that in all actuality this really did happen and it happened to me.

As a thesis for this paper I will have to think a little more about before I can actually form it to words because right now I just have so much I want to say about this topic.

With this paper I hope to develop and enhance some of the skills I know I already have. With this paper I just hope to be able to read and fully process the events that I want to write about without becoming too emotional.

1 comment:

  1. HI Samantha,

    From a reader's standpoint, I feel you have a focus of "loss." You mention that you lost three grandparents in one year. This may, in fact, be your focus. I understand that from a writer's standpoint, you may feel pressed to only discuss one grandparent; however, if we organize your paper in a way to incorporate each grandparent, it would work effectively. Look at this outline as an example.

    1) Introduction (where you incorporate how you felt loss - who you have lost - how you felt - briefly what you went through)
    2) Grandparent 1 (what happened and how it affected you)
    3) Grandparent 2 (what happened and how it affected you)
    4) Grandparent 3 (what happened and how it affected you)
    5) Conclusion (the person who you are today)

    This is not a concrete outline. Look at it as a model for something to follow in the beginning stages of writing.

    Ms. Chastain

    ReplyDelete