Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Self-Evaluation


What is the thesis for your paper?
The thesis of my paper is: I will no longer have the supporting grandparents that I have come to grow so fond of: Devon Simmons, Carly Simmons, and Richard Paige in my life, and I will be nothing more than a blank face.
List the main points you make in your paper.
 The relationships that I had with my grandparents, the lessons they taught me, and what they meant to me are the main points that I try to stress in my paper.
What was the most helpful advice you received from your peer evaluation?
The most helpful advice I got from my peer review was that even though my paper was extremely too long I stressed my point and got some help with grammatical errors and I got help with my thesis.
What was the most helpful information you received in class for your paper?
Umm… that’s really though because I didn’t feel helped in class I got more help when the feedback was personal.
How many drafts of this paper do you think you wrote and how/when did you write them? For example, did you compose at the keyboard, did you write lots of notes to yourself, did you pre-write or outline, did you write in small chunks of time or sit down and produce an entire draft at one sitting?
For this paper I wrote about four drafts, I wrote a very horrible draft the first week we had the paper, my draft really never came together until the weekend before it was due. There was the draft that I turned in, then I sent a revised copy of that draft to my mother, and then the final copy was my last. Now that I have read through it a million times I kind of wish I had had one more draft.
What would you do differently with this paper to make it more effectively, or what did you try to do that you just don’t think you got a good handle on?
The only thing I would do differently with this draft is try to manage my time more effectively; the amount of time outside of class was very good I just think I could have made my paper just a little bit better. The thing that I didn’t get a good handle on is the length, my over descriptiveness killed me I think in this paper; some parts I felt lacked and others I felt were over explained.
What are most pleased with about this paper?
I was pleased most about when I wrote this paper is my emotions after I was finished. I’ve never once in my life been able to talk about the year 2007 without tears welling up in my eyes, but after I wrote this paper I was in a way relieved that I had actually somewhere in the past three years excepted their deaths, and moved on.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Samantha,

    I thought you were a fantastic draft and the good news....if you want to resubmit this piece, you can. The advantage of this class, at least I see it as, is that you can revise Task 1, 2, and 3 as many times as you wish!

    Ms. C

    ReplyDelete