Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Becoming Educated review questions

My early expectations for my college courses are to be some what successful.  I expected life to be easy free spirited and everyone to be super friendly and happy because they are of course in college. My reality was that college is so fucking hard, its stressful, it tiring, and its sad because I think every weekend I have been here I have wanted to go home. I miss my family, and I don’t think I ever thought I would say that because at home I was so ready to leave and never come back. College is so expensive; I don’t think I have had money since the second week. It’s been stressful because I have never gone without a job. I can honestly say that no Jordan’s college experience and mine are nothing alike I think the only thing we have in common is we are both African American females trying to make it in, what society calls a mans field of study, I don’t think that I have ever had to encounter male superiority, or men who think they are superior. I like the fact that the university is semi small and able to equip all the student here.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Samantha,

    It is not always easy moving away from family to a new place. You are surrounded by new persons and new opportunities.

    How have you adapted to college? You tell us that it is tiring and stressful, which I can certainly attest to. :) But how have you adapted? You seem to do well with this course? How do you prepare for each course?

    Ms. C

    ReplyDelete